Your Yello Ring Road To Success
GOOGLE LOGIN MY ADS MY SHOP
  • About WordPress
    • WordPress.org
    • Documentation
    • Learn WordPress
    • Support
    • Feedback
  • Log In
  • Request Membership
Skip to content
Wed. May 20th, 2026
pLaYPLAY

pLaYPLAY

a sports gaming search engine

  • SHOP
  • NIGERIAN SPORTS
    • Super Eagles
    • Super Falcons
    • Golden Eaglets
    • NFA
    • AFCON
    • FIFA
    • EPL
  • PREMIERLEAGUE
    • OLYMPICS
  • PLAYSTATION
  • SOCIAL
  • SOCCER
  • Tennis
  • BASKETBALL
  • UFC
Alajazeera Headlines anakyst.com apc playstation swordpress

Covid NineTeen – Why Did the Nigerian President Delay So long To address Nation – & When He Did , Did he Fail To Do it Well ?

Byadmin

Mar 23, 2020
Spread the love
https://www.ringroad.com.ng/buharicorona.mp4

 

 

 

why did buhari not address the nation sooner

1 . he cant pronounce the name which actually turned out to be not so untrue !

2. he does not want the nation to panic ?

3.he is just plain incomeptentent and does not care

4. he was waiting for his daugthter to come back first before shutting airports and border

any one you choose

note that previously

When will President Muhammadu Buhari address Nigerians on the coronavirus pandemic has become the topic of a passionate debate across the nation.

The concerns were especially triggered by live television broadcasts of several African leaders to their people on the pandemic, including Cyril Ramaphosa of South-Africa and President Yoweni Museveni of Uganda.

The Nigerian government has been taking drastic steps towards reducing the spread – banning international flights, closing down schools and restricting religious and public events to the barest minimum.

But what has remained constant is Mr Buhari’s silence even as cases soared to 27 across five states, including the nation’s capital Abuja and its commercial nerve centre, Lagos.

While leaders of African countries with far fewer cases have been speaking up, President Buhari has remained silent 24 days after Nigeria recorded its first case of the disease on February 28 in an Italian national who has now fully recovered.

African Leaders speaking up

President Museveni of Uganda is billed to address his Northeastern African nation again on Sunday.

This will be the third time in less than a week the president will make a public speech on the coronavirus pandemic even though the country only recorded its first case on Saturday, unlike Nigeria where the tally rose to 27 Sunday morning.

The first was last Wednesday when he banned all public gatherings, including closing down schools, local news – Soft Power – reported.

Mr Museveni’s Sunday address will be on the country’s first confirmed case, a 36-year-old Ugandan male who arrived from Dubai on Saturday.

President Nana Akufo-Addo of Ghana has also made three national addresses. On Saturday, being the third, he announced the closure of all borders to human traffic in the West African nation.

President Akufo-Addo made his first and second addresses on March 11 and 15.

Presidents of other African countries like South Africa, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Egypt, and Morocco have all addressed their nations at least twice.

Presidency’s Defence

The presidency and government officials have been defending President Buhari’s silence in the face of the grave health situation.

The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, said the time is not yet appropriate for the president to address the nation.

The Senate which earlier called on the president to address Nigerians later said it is too early to question Mr Buhari’s silence.

Criticism

But Nigerians have increasingly become uncomfortable with the posture of their president. Other prominent leaders in the country, including governors and religious leaders have been speaking to encourage citizens.

Nigeria’s biggest opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which has repeatedly berated the presidency’s handling of the outbreak, said Mr Buhari’s silence shows he has failed as a leader.

“PDP is worried at President Muhammadu Buhari’s delay in standing up to the responsibilities of his office to address heightening national anxieties since the detection of the deadly COVID-19 in our country,” the party said in a statement by its spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan.

Search Results

Top stories

Uche Jombo says
President Buhari’s
media team should
be sacked after his grammatical error
Pulse.ng
2 hours ago
COVID-19: Do your
broadcast in Hausa,
we’ll translate –
Aisha mocks Buhari
Daily Post Nigeria
3 hours ago
How Buhari’s
Minister Spent Four
Days On Nigerian
Roads
Leadership Newspaper
5 hours ago
Buhari’s strange
leadership in
COVID-19
crisisOpinion
The Guardian Nigeria
5 hours ago
How Buhari’s
Intervention Saved
Oshiomhole’s Skin
THISDAYLIVE
9 hours ago
Buhari finally
addresses
Nigerians on
coronavirus
Pulse.ng
15 hours ago
Coronavirus:
Outrage as
churches, mosques,
Buhari’s aides flout ban
Punch
17 hours ago
Coronavirus: While
Buhari keeps mum,
other African
leaders are speaking up
Premium Times Nigeria
18 hours ago
COVID-19 fund:
SERAP asks Buhari
to instruct EFCC,
ICPC to track, monitor spending
Vanguard
21 hours ago
Buhari’s daughter in
isolation as
Nigeria’s
coronavirus cases rise
The Guardian Nigeria
3 days ago
More for buhari

Twitter results

https://twitter.com/search/buhari

buhari on Twitter

Muhammadu Buhari
(@MBuhari)
Protecting Nigerians from the Coronavirus is a key priority for us as a Government. We have the Ministry of Health and the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) working round-the-clock with several other agencies, as well as State Governments, to ensure this.
Twitter · 3 days ago
?????ℝ????ℂ
(@Gidi_Traffic)
“@iefamharris: President Buhari addresses Nigerians and tells the world that Nigerians can handle the “COVIK – 1 9” virus. It was a pleasure being a Nigerian ? ” #COVID19 @Gidi_Traffic pic.twitter.com/U2CLMtY…
Twitter · 2 hours ago
Uche Jombo Rodriguez
(@uchejombo)
The whole of president Buhari social media team needs to be replaced over COVIK ONE NINE video for not correcting him ,watched it and shared it ? now even ghana people on my TL are having fun with it. I hope the “baba must speak to us” WhatsApp group people are happy.
Twitter · 12 hours ago

Post navigation

Lagos Shuts Schools,Fuel Price Drops,NFF SHUTS DOWN
Coronavirus: Togo Star Adebayor Stuck In Quarantine

By admin

Related Post

playstation swordpress

🎮 PS4 Console & Controller Light Indicators playstations.ng

Nov 2, 2025 admin
playstation swordpress

PS4 Pro Tips Playstations.NG – how to delete a game from ps4 ps5, PS Restarts After Shutdown

Nov 2, 2025 admin
channels playstation

[PHOTOS] Army Says Troops Destroyed Bandits Camp In Taraba

Nov 1, 2025 admin
ADNG.NG
FREE ADS DAILY TO SOCIAL MEDIA
  • “FROM BOTTLERS TO CHAMPIONS!” – Arsenal End 22-Year Premier League Curse
  • Favour Ashe Sparks Fresh Concerns Over Loyalty, Welfare of Athletes
  • Desabre Surprises with Squad for Historic 2026 FIFA World Cup Appearance
  • Southern Africa Submits Joint Bid to Host 2028 AFCON
  • ‘Dream Come True’ – Arthur Okonkwo First Words as New Super Eagles Goalkeeper
  • AFCON 2027 Qualifiers: Super Eagles Face High-Stakes Battle in Group L
  • Whose Grandma is She? Arsenal Star Clears Air on Viral Moment at Emirates Stadium
  • Golf Champion’s $250k Wristwatch Leaves Opponents Mind-blown
  • GROUP OF DEATH? – Falconets Face Brutal Opponents in 2026 World Cup
  • BREAKING: Shukurat Oladipo Crowned Serie A’s Best Defender After Dream Season with Roma
  • Arsenal Trophy Race – Micheal Jackson’s Burnley or Mancity Burns Mouth or Not ? all Arsenal eyes now on Bournemouth
  • Guardiola Exitz ! Man City prepare for and could turn to Maresca
  • Why Luxury brands are Courting Tennis Stars
  • Tom Brady Shines on the Runway in Bold Fashion Pivot
  • Devastating! Promising Egyptian Star Retires At 22
  • Southampton Spygate: Landmark Hearing Decides Championship Playoff
  • Moses Usor Inspires LASK to Historic Austrian Domestic Double
  • Bruno Fernandes Joins Legends in Premier League History… But One Game Could Make Him KING
  • “Chelsea Gamble on Fallen Galáctico General” – Is Xabi Alonso Appointment Another Costly Mistake?
  • Jannik Sinner Grabs Historic win in Italian Open

You missed

brila

“FROM BOTTLERS TO CHAMPIONS!” – Arsenal End 22-Year Premier League Curse

May 20, 2026 9jabook
brila

Favour Ashe Sparks Fresh Concerns Over Loyalty, Welfare of Athletes

May 20, 2026 9jabook
brila

Desabre Surprises with Squad for Historic 2026 FIFA World Cup Appearance

May 20, 2026 9jabook
brila

Southern Africa Submits Joint Bid to Host 2028 AFCON

May 20, 2026 9jabook
pLaYPLAY

pLaYPLAY

a sports gaming search engine

Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Newsup by Themeansar.

  • SHOP
  • NIGERIAN SPORTS
    • Super Eagles
    • Super Falcons
    • Golden Eaglets
    • NFA
    • AFCON
    • FIFA
    • EPL
  • PREMIERLEAGUE
    • OLYMPICS
  • PLAYSTATION
  • SOCIAL
  • SOCCER
  • Tennis
  • BASKETBALL
  • UFC
ORDER DELICIOUS FOOD FROM
Benin ... Lagos ... Uyo... PH... Kaduna